Recipe: Crispy Oyster Mushrooms
- 10-15 oyster mushrooms, cleaned and de-stemmed
- 3-5 cloves of garlic, minced
- 1 tsp of thyme (we used dried but you could always use fresh)
- 1 tsp Wildtree’s garlic galore seasoning
- juice of 1 Meyer lemon
- salt and pepper to taste
- 2 tbsp of high heat oil (we used Wildtree’s garlic-infused grapeseed oil, but you could also use avocado oil)
- Bring the oven to 450°F and place a large cooking stone in the oven. (You could also use a large baking sheet with foil, we just try not to cook with foil or non-stick pans.)
- Cut the oyster mushrooms into strips (they don’t have to be perfect) and place in a large bowl.
- In a small bowl, combine garlic, thyme, garlic galore seasoning, lemon juice, salt and pepper, and oil. Whisk until combined well.
- Add oil mixture to the mushrooms and give a good toss until all mushrooms are coated.
- Remove hot stone from the oven and place mushrooms gill side down on the hot stone. Place back in oven and cook for 3-5 minutes (until tops are crisp).
- Use tongs to flip the mushrooms over and return to the oven to finish crisping for another 3-5 minutes. Be sure to watch closely so they don’t burn.
Optional: Once finished, garnish the mushrooms by sprinkling parsley or parmesan cheese over the top.